- Geodesy and mine surveying:
- creation of geodetic and mine surveying coordinate and time basis for different purposes;
- geodetic navigation satellite systems and technologies;
- development of principles, methods, technical means and technologies of geodetic and mine surveying measurements of engineering complexes;
- geodetic support of research, design, construction and exploitation of engineering complexes;
- theory and practice of mathematical processing of geodetic and mine surveying measurement results and information support of geodetic and mine surveying works;
- design and marketing of geodetic and mine surveying works.
- Remote sensing, photogrammetry
- theory, technology and technical means of bridging on aerospace photos, creating and updating topographic, ecological cadastral and other maps and plans;
- theory and technology of image interpretation for the purpose of natural resources investigation and mapping;
- theory and technology of getting quantitative characteristics of natural and technogenic processes.
- Cartography and geoinformatics
- new methods of topographic and thematic maps design;
- geoinformational mapping and information technologies;
- thematic interpretation and methods of remote (aerospace) sensing;
- technical means of collection, registration, storage, transmission and processing of geoinformation with use of information technology;
- digital information bases and banks in different subject fields;
- data base management systems;
- interaction of geoinformatics, cartography and aerospace sensing.
- Land management, cadastre and land monitoring
- development of land cadastral condition and real estate object;
- scientific and methodological support of land estimation works;
- estimate qualitative and quantitative constituents;
- rational use of lands;
- information support of modern land use;
- city land use ecologization problems;
- monitoring of lands and other real estate objects.
- Optical and electronic devices and complexes
- design, development and investigation of characteristics of devices, systems and complexes with the use of electromagnetic emission of optic wave band, designed to solve the tasks:
– measurements of geometric and physical objects;
– investigation and control of different objects and environments parameters, including technological, ecological and biological tasks solutions;
– transmitting, receiving, processing and displaying information;
– technological equipment management and production processes control;
– design of optical and electro optical equipment for specific tasks, including scientific research.
- Metrology and metrological support
- improvement of scientific-methodological, technical, economic and other fundamentals of metrological support;
- improvement of the system of ensuring the uniformity of measurements
- Methodology and organization of scientific research
- the problems of the contemporary scientific and technical revolution and transition to 5-6 technological structures;
- criteria for assessing the development of society, science, engineering and technology.